How do you blend work and personal tasks during the workweek? Does it even occur to you to be conflicted if you are doing anything other than work on a workday?

Up Your Sales Pitch Forums Question of the Week How do you blend work and personal tasks during the workweek? Does it even occur to you to be conflicted if you are doing anything other than work on a workday?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

In this week’s sales tip entitled “How to Shampoo Your Rug on a Workday”, I struggle with the Monday through Friday work ethic ingrained in me early on in childhood.  These days it’s no longer about a 40-hour workweek. Now, the job simply needs to get done. Big companies like Google and Facebook don’t restrict vacation time. It’s up to the individual. And besides, vacations aren’t really considered time off. It’s just working near a beach and fielding “Sorry to interrupt you” phone calls from coworkers and customers.

This week, I need your help – how do you do it? How do you balance your work and personal tasks during the week, and how do you rationalize it?  Are there benefits you see that translate to profitability?

Participant

I am lucky….have an office to go to everyday…when I leave, I finish my day from my kitchen, only distraction is burning food

Participant

I hit the office at least once a week but try to get there twice. There are things I can only do at the office. For those days when I’m home, I don’t have set hours per say. I crank out 90 minutes or so around 5:30 or 6:00 am, then do a few family things, then get back to work. My home days usually follow that path. It’s not unusual for me to be working at 8:00 pm for a little bit too. This was my routine prior to COVID so for me, it’s not been an adjustment I’ve had to make. Balance has always been a big part of my day. Some days I do better than others though.

Participant

I suffer tremendously from guilt when I work from home so I believe I am more productive. No one comes in to chat because I live alone. I do take a lunch break when I am at home which when in the office I generally just eat something at my desk.
    Today however I have taken some time to go out and shovel snow from my drive. It is a necessary interruption if I am ever to go into the office.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top